Whenever there are 51 or more EL students in the district, there shall be a functioning District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district committee that has met all of the following:
- Has had the opportunity to advise the governing board on at least the following tasks:
- A timetable for and development of a master plan of education programs and services for English Learners, taking into consideration the school site plan for English Learners.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school –by-school basis.
- Establishment of a district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English Learners
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with applicable teacher or aide requirements.
- Administration of the language census.
- Review of and comment on the written notification of initial enrollment as per CCR Title 5 11303 (a)
- Review of and comment on any related waiver request.
- Review of and comment on the district reclassification procedures.
- Has received training materials and training, developed in full consultation with the committee, appropriate to assist parent members in carrying out their responsibilities.
If you have any questions or would like to become part of the DELAC, please contact the Department of Supplemental Services for more information at 559-327-0672. All meetings are open to the public.